A savoury post from me – yippee! This one of my favourites actually. And Lili’s favourites! She has asked me for the recipe ever since we made risotto for the first time. Don’t you just love risotto? And this one is vegan and rather healthy and that just makes it even better! It’s incredibly creamy and you won’t even realise that it’s missing its usual dairy cream, wine and parmesan cheese! (If you’re not vegan, you should add the parmesan though. It’s pretty good that way too!)
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil to fry
- veggies (such as champignons, aubergine, pepper, courgette)
- 2 small onions
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- 250ml soy (or other plant-based) cream
- 1½ cups risotto rice
- salt, ground black pepper, herbs
- In a saucepan, warm the broth over low heat. Add the rice and stir until the broth is absorbed (about 20 mins).
- Warm 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat.
- Slice the mushrooms and cut the onion, garlic, aubergine and other veggies into little cubes.
- Stir in the mushrooms together with the onions and garlic, and cook until soft, about 3 minutes.
- Add the soy cream to the risotto, mix until you have a gooey risotto texture.
- Add the veggies, onions and garlic to the rice.
- Season with salt, pepper and herbs (and parmesan for non-vegans) to taste.