On Snapchat I’ve been getting questions about my skin. You were able to follow how it was quite the opposite from clear around December/January and how it cleared up with the time and is all nice and smooth again now. You asked what happened there. Well, I took some hormones until November, then got off them just because I didn’t like the fact that I was feeding my body those hormones all the time and that made my body go crazy. And especially my skin, which hated it (and I hated the outcome – aaaall the spots!).
So what did I do to get my skin back to nice and glowing? Especially as I’m such a lazy bum when it comes to skincare? Here come my ultimate everyday skin tips!
1. Remember washing your face. No matter if I’ve had makeup or lotion on or not, I wash my face every morning and evening. I finish the wash with really cold water – it will have a positive effect in your face’s blood circulation and will close the pores. I used to only was my face with water before, but right now I’m using Jurlique’s natural cleanser, which I got at Home of Kikas.
2. If my eyes are puffy (which always happens if I cry on the day before or stay up too long), then I put two teaspoons or cucumber slices in the freezer and then put them on my eyes for a few minutes in the morning. A cold face wash will help too. And an eyelash curler. 😉
3. Keeping my skin moisturized. I use some really thick lotion over night and some lighter one in the mornings. That’s the first thing I do in the mornings after washing my face and I’ll let it suck in during breakfast before I apply my make up.
4. Too much is too much. I try to only use makeup on places where I really need it – under my eyes or on spots. Don’t cover your whole face! Because then your pores won’t be able to breathe, they’ll open up to get air or even form pimples!
5. Diet. I could write a whole blogpost on this because I really know and can literally feel how my diet affects my skin – and actually my whole body. Veggies are good, so are carbs, meat is ok as long as it’s not too greasy and when we get to chips or lots of sugar my skin says goodbye and will get all pimply! I think milk products might also have something to do with it tbh…
6. Stress vs. rest. When I don’t get enough sleep and worry and stress, then so does my skin. It gets even drier than it usually is and will get so tight that it almost hurts. So sleep equals a good skin!
7. Don’t use it if you don’t need it. I always try to give my skin a break. During weekends, when in the own garden and on airplanes, I don’t use makeup at all and I know those days are good for a fresh look.
8. Coffee. When I drink coffee, my skin gets even tighter! That’s why I’m trying to get rid of my coffee addiction at the moment.
9. Zink. Never tried, but I heard you should take it when you’re struggling with acne, bad nails and hair or allergies. I have all of those. So I’m getting myself some zink tablets now and will keep you up to date on if my skin gets better or not!
In cooperation with Jurlique
A natural, ethical and environmentally friendly skin care brand from a farm in Adelaide.